The Employee and Labor Relations and Recruitment team unit is primarily responsible for facilitating the staffing/employment function at Montgomery College which includes recruiting for faculty, staff, administrator and short-term temporary positions.
We monitor the process to ensure a One College approach as well as compliance with College policies and any Federal, State and County laws.
We, along with the Office of Equity and Diversity, provide training to search committee members for all faculty, staff and administrative searches.
The unit is also responsible for:
- representing the College at job/career fairs;
- determining salary placements for staff and administrative positions;
- making employment offers for staff and administrative positions;
- ensuring all initial employment paperwork is completed at orientation;
- verification of credentials
- ensuring compliance with applicable procedures
- recruiting, determining pay rate and placing individuals into short-term temporary assignments;
- processing employee status changes;
- verifying employment eligibility of employees (I-9);
- assisting and answering questions from applicants about the online application system;
- contributing to the College catalog review and update for faculty and administrators; and
- providing data or preparing a variety of reports for internal and external entities.