MC One Day Adventures
Youth MC Adventures are one day enrichment programs that are offered several times a year around the county. Visit School year programs for class information and online registration information.
Saturday October 22, 2016 from 8:30am - 3:30pm, on the Rockville Campus
This is a unique opportunity for any 5th to 7th grader or 8th to 11th grader who loves to write. Participants get to spend a Saturday writing with traditionally published authors. Each author will focus on a different type of writing. Students select a morning and an afternoon Author Writing Workshop option with an alternate choice. Students are grouped by age. The format is interactive and includes a presentation about the topic, time for the students to write, and time for sharing and discussion.
Grades 5-7, Select two, and two alternates out of six possible topics:
- Poetry with Clarisse Hart (morning only)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy: How to Make the Impossible Believable w/ Sallie. Lowenstein (morning session only)
- Playwriting with Renee Calarco (afternoon only)
- Realistic Fiction with Pam Ehrenberg (afternoon only)
- The Secrets of Nature and Science Writing with Sneed B. Collard III (morning or afternoon)
- Writing New Myths with Edwin Fontanez (morning or afternoon)
Grades 8-11, Select two, and two alternates out of six possible topics:
- Realistic Fiction with Pam Ehrenberg (morning only)
- Playwriting with Renee Calarco (morning only)
- Poetry with Clarisse Hart (afternoon only)
- Science Fiction and Fantasy: How to Make the Impossible Believable w/ Sallie. Lowenstein (afternoon only)
- Writing for the Environment: Connecting Words to Nature w/ Frank Lowenstein (morning or afternoon)
- Writing for the Arts with Ellyn Wexler (morning or afternoon)
Register online for A Day of Writing With Authors
Black Rocket, Saturday November 5th
Grades 3-6 from 8:30am - 3:30pm
Black Rocket provided unique enrichment and educational programs in Creative Sciences, Digital Arts, and Leadership. Select a morning session, and an afternoon session, with alternates for each from the seven listed below:
- Robotics 101, Create mini-bots and experiment with basic design principles. Work in pairs or groups for these hands on activities
- Code Creators, Learn the basics of coding and logic statements in an interactive and fun workshop
- Video Game Design, Love video games? Build a level in a 2D game and learn crucial elements to game design.
- Digital Animation, Learn the basics of 2D animation and game design by creating and animating characters & background
- Minecraft Modders, Learn the basics of modding in Minecraft. Includes introductory coding as you explore Minecraft
- Minecraft Animators, Using your favorite Minecraft characters create and animate a scene in this workshop
- Maker Lab: 3D Modeling and Design, Using professional level software, sculpt, texture, and render your 3D creation.
Learn More, Black Rocket Brochure
One Day Adventures in January and February:
- Black Rocket, Grades 4-6, January 21st Germantown Campus. Details to follow
- FutureMakers Grades 4-6, February 25th Rockville Campus. Details to follow.
ASISTENCIA EN ESPAÑOL DISPONIBLE Karla Espinoza 240-567-7917