VA Education Benefits Under GI Bill for WD&CE Students
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
Steps to process VA Benefits for WD&CE Students
- Submit an online application, VA form 22-1990 to the Veterans Affairs Department ( www.gibill.va.gov) to receive a Certificate of Eligibility
- Email the VA coordinator at VA@montgomerycollege.edu to make an appointment to find out about your VA options.
- Bring a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to the College VA Office:
- Tuyet Nguyen-Jackson, VA Certifying Official, VA@montgomerycollege.edu
- Montgomery College, Room 117- Student Services Building, Rockville Campus
- Select the Workforce Development & Continuing Education course you wish to take from a list of WD&CE courses approved by the VA
- List of VA Approved WD&CE Noncredit Courses .
- If the Workforce Development & Continuing Education course you wish to take is not on the list of approved courses, please contact the VA coordinator.
- Fill out a WD&CE (Noncredit) Registration Form and bring it with you to your appointment with the VA Coordinator.
- The VA coordinator can process your registration form during your appointment to ensure the proper VA hold is placed on your student account to prevent your class(es) from being dropped for non-payment.
- If you register later, you will need to notify the VA coordinator VA@montgomerycollege.edu that you are registering to ensure that the proper VA hold is placed on your student account to prevent your class(es) from being dropped for non-payment.
- Or, you must register in person at a WD&CE Customer Service Office with a copy of your MC Certification Request for VA Benefits.
- Note these instructions are for Workforce Development & Continuing Education students only. If you are applying to the College as a degree seeking student, please visit :
- Degree seeking students should visit the Montgomery College Admissions page for Veterans: www.montgomerycollege.edu/admissions/veb/
If you have any further questions about Veterans Benefits at Montgomery College,
please contact the VA Coordinator: VA@montgomerycollege.edu