Registration Information, Options and Policies
Questions : Call Customer Service at 240-567-5188
If you wish to drop a class, you can drop the class through prior to the class start date, or by completing a Drop Form and submitting it by mail or fax as indicated on the form. Or you may submit the form at any WD&CE Customer Service location. Drop forms for one-day classes must be received in WD&CE prior to the class start date. Refunds will be paid at 100% for courses cancelled or dropped on or before the Refund Date printed on your registration confirmation. Refunds for open-enrollment classes will go to the registered student of record.
DO NOT drop classes online through MYMC on or after the day the class begins; you will NOT receive a refund. You must use the Drop Form to withdraw from a class after it has started!
Note: Youth Programs, Ed2Go Online, or APPE (formerly called ESL) Courses have special withdrawal/drop policies. See below for special instructions for those courses.
If you drop a course after the date listed on the student registration confirmation, you must submit your request in writing, include Name, MC Identification number, course title, CRN number, and one of the following:
- Reason for non-attendance in class(s)
- Illness (student or immediate family physician's note)
- Death - immediate family member or student (copy of death certificate)
- Involuntary entry into active duty in the armed forces (copy of draft notice)
- Involuntary transfer/ change of work hours by the student's employer (letter from employer)
- Note: A stop-payment on a check does not constitute withdrawal from class!
- T.I.P. Plan (Tuition Installment Plan) students must follow the directions above, however the $35.00 fee is NOT refundable.
- See below for special instructions for Youth Programs, Ed2Go Online classes, and APPE (formerly called ESL) classes.
All requests are sent to:
Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education,
Refunds-Non Credit, 51 Mannakee Street,
GBTC Room 342, Rockville, Maryland 20850.
Please note: Refunds are not guaranteed, the appeals committee reserves the right to approve/deny requests.
Special Instructions for ESL, Ed2Go Online classes, and Youth Programs:
Youth Programs students requesting refunds must go to cms.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/youth.html for instructions. Refunds for Ed2Go online classes visit: http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/nconlinecourses.html
ESL students requesting refunds must speak directly with Annette Greene at 240-567-7262.
For Refund or Withdrawal questions, call Customer Service at ( 240) 567-5188