Lifelong Learning Institute is committed to creating and fostering a variety of intellectually stimulating opportunities for Montgomery County residents age 50 and over.
Lifelong Learning Courses by Topic:
See schedule of Lifelong Learning classes.
Registration is now open for Spring 2016 Classes!
Literary Café, Spring 2016: A Study of Genre.
This will be a team-taught course exploring various literary genres across two continents: France, Great Britain, and the United States, and spanning five centuries. Learn more about the Literary Cafe
Dates: 2/25, 3/10, 3/24, 4/7, 4/21,5/5. Thursdays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Marguerite de Navarre, The Heptameron ( 1558)
- Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, Dangerous Liaisons (1782)
- Marguerite Duras, The Lover (1984), and The Lover of Northern China (1991)
- William Faulkner, Light in August (1932)
- Harold Pinter, The Homecoming (1965)
- Selection of poetry (students will bring their own)
Lifelong Learning Class Schedule