Montgomery College offers Commercial Driver Licensing CDL training. Classroom and behind-the-wheel driving instruction will prepare you for a CDL Class A or Class B with passenger endorsement certification. On completion of training, students will be able to pick up, carry, and deliver passengers or items over long and short distances; perform pre-trip inspections; secure cargo; and maintain safe operation of trucks and buses.
1. Are you interested in obtaining a CDL Class A or CDL Class B License or another job in the transportation logistics field?
Fill out the CDL Commercial Driver License Training Program Inquiry Form , and we will respond to you shortly. You may also want to look at the How to Register for CDL Packet which contains more information.
2. Not sure if CDL is right for you, please call for more information. Ready for the next step, check out our CDL Learner's Permit Preparation Class Flyer. or the CDL_ClassB_classes brochure
3. Students interested in the CDL program should contact the Transportation Safety Institute office directly at Gaithersburg Business Training Center. Please make an appointment to discuss CDL training options by calling 240-567-2577or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing a CDL inquiry form at any customer service office.
4. MOVE Montgomery, Transportation & Logistics Job Training with Scholarships (Pending Available Funding). Visit the MOVE Montgomery web page for more information and dates for the Grant Program CDL Open House Information Sessions. New CDL Mechanic Service Worker, visit MOVE Montgomery web page
5. CDL Instructors wanted: Must have CDL Class B with P & S endorsements and active DOT card.Earnings $30-$40 per hour depending on experience, qualifications, and references. Please contact CDL@montgomerycollege.edu or call 240-567-2577
CDL-Class A (tractor-trailer) graduates go on to drive tractor-trailers for both short-haul and long-haul deliveries and can earn up to $20 per hour with experience.
CDL-Class B (straight truck / bus) graduates go on to drive straight trucks, dump trucks, motor coaches, limousines, school buses, truck buses, mini coaches, and can earn up to $16 per hour with experience.
New: CDL Class B Training with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements. Learn more.
CDL Learners Permit preparation class. Learn More.
What we offer:
- CDL Licensing Test
- Training is as little as two weeks
- Weekday and weekend classes
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Certificates of Completion
In order to enroll students must be at least 18 years old (under 21 are restricted to Maryland) for class B and at least 21 for class A, possess a good driving record restriction-free driver's license, DOT Medical card, CDL Learners Permit, high school equivalency, and be able to read road signs and maps in English. To learn more, a pre-registration interview is required. Make arrangements by calling the CDL Program Assistant, at 240-567-2577.
Payment in full is required (no financial aid, no payment plan). Scholarships may be available through Montgomery College and employers, and/or government sponsored tuition may be available through Montgomery Works, call 301-929-6880 for eligibility information.
|CDL Courses: |
|CDL- Class A (20 days/ 151 hours) ||CDL-Class B (8 days/ 64 hours) |
|2 days classroom training ||1 day classroom training |
|18 days on driving range and road ||7 days on driving range and road |
|cost: call for pricing ||cost: call for pricing |
|Class A and B: Call for location for DOT Physical and Drug Screen |