Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep. PMC-004
Prepare to pass the PMP® exam.
Ensure you're prepared for the rigorous PMP exam with Montgomery College's NEW & enhanced Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Track. This intensive program combines expert instruction with The CERTWISE™ Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation training materials and meets PMI’s 35 contact hour PMP Exam requirement. Our course will help you learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the PMP exam.
Montgomery College's Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep, PMC-004 provides an in-depth exploration of the five knowledge domains and 10 Knowledge Areas tested on the PMP exam. You will also gain valuable test-taking tips and strategies to help you approach the PMP with confidence.
|5 Knowledge Domains (Process Groups) ||10 Knowledge Areas |
- Initiating the Project
- Planning the Project
- Executing the Project
- Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- Closing the Project
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
View our Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Track Course Details for a complete course overview.
Premium Quality Course Materials
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation. This premium quality program combines comprehensive printed reading materials with interactive online study materials to expand, apply and solidify your knowledge to pass the PMP exam.
Comprehensive Reading Materials
- Three printed books, containing over 650 pages of content, provide an in-depth exploration of the five knowledge domains tested on the PMP exam. These materials are organized into 14 chapters including:
- Chapters 1-3: Project Management Concepts, Framework, and Skills – to provide context and an overall framework for the study content to follow.
- Chapters 4-13: Covering each of the 10 Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, HR, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management), following the organization of the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition for easy cross-reference.
- Chapter 14: Preparing for the PMP Exam (test-taking tips and strategies).
- A glossary of key PMP terminology is included at the end of each chapter, with official PMI® definitions (utilizing the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition glossary or PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms Version 3.0).
- Progress check questions are included at the end of each chapter to help students check their understanding and retention of topics.
- Topics are presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format to cover the PMP® Examination Content Outline, and are organized to follow the PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition.
Interactive Online Study Tools
Participants will have access to interactive online study tools for one year. These tools provide participants with an opportunity to apply and reinforce concepts, evaluate their knowledge, and monitor their growth throughout the course. Over 900 practice questions are included in the following online tools:
- Pre-test: Evaluate initial knowledge to identify areas of strength and weakness and focus studies.
- SmartStudy™: Build a customized study plan to optimize study time.
- Chapter Quizzes: Test comprehension, retention, and ability to apply concepts.
- Process Group Quizzes: Practice test questions by domain area.
- Flashcards: Review important key terms and definitions.
- Post-test: Gauge knowledge gained and areas that require further study.
- Practice Exam: Build confidence with a test that emulates the software used at the PMP computer-based exam testing center.
- Progress Reports: Track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center: Access helpful test-taking tips, PMP exam resources, feedback links, and more.
- Class Information / Schedule / Cost
- Online: Online Registration Information
- Fax: Download, print and complete this Registration Form, and fax with payment information to 240-567-1877.
- Mail: Download, print and complete this Registration Form and mail with payment to: Montgomery College, WD&CE, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850.
- Registration deadline: Open until the class is full.
- Cancellation policy: Registration Information and Policies
- Program Requirements: There are no admission requirements to take this program, however to be accepted into the PMP program, you must meet strict prerequisites. Review the PMP® Handbookfor details.
- PMP® Exam Requirements:To apply for the PMP, candidates must have a combination of education and professional project management experience. For more information, review the PMP® Handbook.
Below you will find links to the Official Schedule of open classes.
Schedule of Project Management Classes ►
PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.