Driver Ed Special Needs Scholarship Opportunity
Montgomery College & GEICO Philanthropic Foundation Developmental Driver Education Scholarship Opportunity
A limited number of scholarships are available, through the generosity of GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, for the purpose of providing Driver Education Programs to qualified rookie drivers with mild to moderate learning disabilities. Scholarship funding is awarded each term as available. Qualified Driver Education Scholarship programs are listed below, as well as the required documentation. Students may apply more than once if funds are available.
- Driver Readiness Assessment, 2-hours ($100)
- Learner Permit Preparation Course, SFT004, ($104)
- Driver Education Learning Disabled, 36 hours, SFT047, ($360)
- Driver Improvement Lessons, 10-hours, SFT040, ($425)
How to Apply
Scholarship Packet (4 pg.)
- Students must fill out the four page Developmental Driver Education Scholarship packet. This includes the Scholarship Checklist, Scholarship Application, Self-Assessment of Driver Readiness, and the Montgomery College Registration Form
- Students also need to provide Eligibility of Disability documentation. This can be from MC Disability Support Services, Natalie Martinez, DSS Counselor, 240-567-4118, http://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/disabilitysupport.html. Or provide documentation from a Medical Doctor, Therapist, College or School Counselor.
- Students wishing to apply for either Driver Education or Driver Improvement Lessons must also provide a copy of the student's Learner Permit (enlarged copy of both front and back).
- The completed scholarship packet and supporting documentation must be submitted in person, or by mail to:
Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education
Attn: GEICO Developmental Driver Education Scholarship Application
12 South Summit Ave. Suite 400
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Please contact Maria Castro-Trujillo, Program Assistant for Transportation Safety, email@example.com, or call 240-567-1895 for further information or assistance with the scholarship application.