A P Summer Institute at Montgomery College
Designed for teachers that are interested in teaching Advanced Placement courses.
The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) offers 30+ hours of subject specific professional development that equips new and experienced teachers with content and resources to enhance their teaching of AP courses. The APSI provided a unique opportunity for teachers to exchange ideas and information with peers.
Topics that are often covered in summer institute sessions include:
- AP courses: goals, objectives, content, resources, bibliographies, and equipment
- Strategies for teaching students at beginning or intermediate levels
- The AP Examination: how it is developed and graded
- Syllabi, lesson plans, and assignments
- How to refresh and improve existing AP courses
- Recent changes in AP Course Descriptions
- Updates to course curriculum and exam
AP Summer Institute June 27 - 30, 2016, Registration Opens April 6th
Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, 4 sessions, 30 hours.
Cost: $695 ($450 tuition + $245 fee), Non-Maryland residents add $200
A P Summer Institute At Montgomery College, Class Information, location #3
Rockville Campus, Science Center SC Building, or South Campus Instruction Building / Welcome Center SB Building (map). All classes meet Monday June 27th - Thursday, June 30th from 8:30am - 5:00pm
|Course ||CRN# ||Course Title ||Room ||Instructor |
|MGT018 ||42157 ||AP Biology ||SC112 ||Mark Krotec |
|MGT009 ||42151 ||AP Calculus AB ||SB206 ||Ayana Touval |
|MGT456 ||42172 ||AP French Language and Culture ||SB205 ||Kately Demougeot |
|MGT432 ||42169 ||AP Physics I, ||SC414 ||Thomas Hoch |