AP Summer Institute at Montgomery College
Designed for teachers that are interested in teaching Advanced Placement® courses
The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) offfers 30+ hours of subject specific professional development that equips new and experienced teachers with content and resources to enhance their teaching of AP® courses courses. The APSI provided a unique opportunity for teachers to exchange ideas and information with peers.
Topics that are often covered in summer institute sessions include:
- AP courses: goals, objectives, content, resources, bibliographies, and equipment
- Strategies for teaching students at beginning or intermediate levels
- The AP Examination: how it is developed and graded
- Syllabi, lesson plans, and assignments
- How to refresh and improve existing AP courses
- Recent changes in AP Course Descriptions
- Updates to course curriculum and exam
AP® courses Summer Institute June 27 - 30, 2017, Registration Opens about April 6th
Updates for summer 2017 will be posted as they become available
Tuesday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, 4 sessions, 30 hours.
Cost: $695 ($450 tuition + $245 fee), Non-Maryland residents add $200
A P Summer Institute At Montgomery College, Class Information, Rockville location
Rockville Campus, Science Center SC Building, or South Campus Instruction Building / Welcome Center SB Building (map). All classes meet Tuesday June 27th - Friday, June 30th from 8:30am - 5:00pm
|Course ||CRN# ||Course Title ||Room ||Instructor |
|MGT018 ||43214 ||AP Biology ||tba ||Mark Krotec |
|MGT009 ||43209 ||AP Calculus AB ||tba ||Ayana Touval |
College Board, AP®, Advanced Placement®, Advanced Placement Program®, and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.