Register for the CLEP Test
Register Early, Seating is Limited!
Two Forms and two separate payments are required. You need to complete both the CLEP Registration form and the MC WD&CE Registration Form, and make two separate payments, one to CLEP and the other to Montgomery College. Please Note: If you are planning on taking more than one CLEP Exam, you must complete a separate MC Registration Form and a CLEP Registration Form for each test. You may only take ONE CLEP exam per test date.
- Go to the College Board My Account registration portal . You will need to sign in to register for the CLEP exam. If you do not have an account yet, follow the directions to create an account. Follow the instructions to register for the CLEP exam. You will need to make your payment online directly to CLEP. Please print a copy of this registration form.
- Download and complete the MC Registration Form . The registration fee of $29.00 (effective January 1, 2016) payable to Montgomery College (either credit card, check or money order), will be processed upon receipt of the completed MC registration form in order to reserve a seat for taking the CLEP test. You must attach a copy of your completed CLEP registration form when registering with Montgomery College.
- Acceptable forms of payment are:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or pay by check or money order made payable to "Montgomery College".
- Please print your Name, and Email address clearly! Incomplete or illegible registration forms will NOT be accepted!
Submit both forms and payments (CASH NOT ACCEPTED) in one of three ways:
- Mail: Montgomery College, CLEP, 12 South Summit Ave. 4th Floor, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
- Fax: 240-567-1877 only if paying by credit/debit card (not available if paying by check)
- In Person: Registrations with a check or money order are now accepted at any WD&CE Customer Service location. Note: Cash is not accepted! Location of WD&CE Customer Service Locations.
- Register early as seats are limited! You will receive an email confirmation upon receipt of your completed registration forms letting you know which day you have been assigned to take the test (choice 1 or 2), or letting you know if the class is already full.
- CLEP Test: Effective July 1, 2014, one form of government-issued identification will be acceptable for CLEP test-takers. A secondary form of ID will no longer be required. The primary identification must be valid and current, must bear the test-taker’s full name in English language characters, and must contain a photograph and a signature.
- Montgomery College CLEP Code is 5440 (for reporting scores to Montgomery College).
- Check-in begins at 9:30am and the testing will start at 9:45am. As a courtesy to all test-takers, there is no admittance after 10:00am.
CLEP Registration Questions for Montgomery College? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 240-567-1862.