Endless Employment Possibilities
The Washington, DC, area offers tremendous job opportunities for paralegals. In additional to law firms, the federal government, local governments, corporations, banks, insurance companies, title companies, and many other organizations seek to hire talented, formally-trained individuals.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014–15 Edition, employment of paralegals and legal assistants is projected to grow 17 percent through 2022, faster than the average for all occupations (bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm).
So if you are interested in a career that offers limitless possibilities and excellent starting salaries, find out more about our paralegal studies programs. The programs are offered at our Germantown and Takoma Park/Silver Spring campuses. Several of the courses can be taken online.
Choose from three options:
- Paralegal studies associate of applied science (AAS)
- Paralegal studies certificate
- Legal analysis letter of recognition
Learn from the best
Your professors are practicing attorneys and judges who have been chosen for their knowledge, experience, and effectiveness in an educational setting. You can be sure you are gaining top-notch legal education and skills.
You will learn how to:
- Prepare and interpret legal documents
- Analyze legal problems and procedures in at least three areas of substantive law
- Perform basic legal research, legal writing, and legal interviewing
- Draft simple legal documents
- Interpret facts, evidence, and rules of law
Who will benefit?
- Individuals interested in a career in a law office as a paraprofessional
- Legal secretaries employed in attorneys’ offices who wish to increase their skills for career advancement
- Career changers seeking a professional career with excellent compensation
- Future law students who wish to gain a competitive edge
Paralegals are prohibited by law from
offering legal services directly to members of the public.