Web Site Development
Request an account
Web Account Request Form
Fill out the form online and then print, sign and date it (Dean's or Administrator's signature is also required). Mail to IT Web Group:
IT Web Group
c/o Phong Banh
7362 Calhoun Place, Rockville MD 20855
The IT Web Group will issue the account within two weeks. Your user id and password will be forwarded to you via regular MC interoffice mail.
By submitting this form, you agree to abide by the Montgomery College Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions about Web Accounts
Available Web Accounts
College Internet sites should be used to provide information and services for the public which are also useful to College employees.
Four types of Web accounts for Internet sites:
- Edu Departmental Account – For academic departments, administrative offices, committees and groups to distribute information on the College's Internet site. All full-time faculty and permanent staff are eligible to request an Edu Departmental account.
Department Websites are listed on Department Index at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/
- Edu Individual Account – For individuals to distribute information on the College's Internet site.
All full-time faculty, part-time faculty, and permanent staff are eligible to request an Edu Individual Account.
Individual Websites are listed on Faculty Index at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/faculty/
- Faculty Website Template Account – For faculty to use the Faculty Website Template to generate a basic Web page. Requires no html experience.
All full-time and part-time faculty are eligible to request a Faculty Website Template Account.
All Faculty Web sites generated with Faculty Website Template are listed on Faculty Index at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/faculty/
Instructions for Faculty Web Site Template.
- My Space Accounts – Serve the same purpose as EDU Individual Accounts but can be password protected upon request.
All full time faculty, part time faculty, and permanent staff are eligible to request a My Space Account.
To request or update the password for your My Space site, submit a work order by calling it IT Help Desk (240-567-7222).
My Space sites are NOT listed on the Faculty Index at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/faculty/.
The College's intranet site is accessed through MyMC (use the intranet icon on the top right side of MyMC). It contains information and services for the operation of the College or for internal College communications and services.
One type of web account for the MCInfonet site:
- MCInfonet Departmental Accounts – For offices, departments, and committees to communicate with faculty, staff and administrators.
All full-time faculty and permanent staff are eligible to request a MCInfonet Departmental Account.
All MCInfonet Department Web sites are listed on the MCInfonet Table of Contents at http://www.mcinfonet.org/toc.html
Web4students Web accounts
A Web4students site provides instructors and students an environment for courses where the learning objectives are predominantly web technology related, and a substantial portion of course assignments are posted to a web server. There are two kinds of web accounts for Web4students site: