Questions Faculty Ask about Student
- On the My MC home tab, in the Faculty Quick Links channel, click "My Teaching Schedule"
- Select the term to list the courses you are teaching.
- From the course you wish to access, click the Classlist link.
- Click on the E-mail Class button.
- This will open your Outlook compose window to be able to create the email from and send to the students with their e-mail addresses in the "blind carbon copy" line.
I’ve sent an e-mail to my classes but it doesn’t appear in my sent mail. What happened? | top
Mail messages sent from within My Courses are not logged or saved. We recommend that you copy yourself on any messages that you send from within My Courses.
What if I want to send an e-mail to a student who is not in one of my classes? | top
You would need to get the e-mail address of the student from him or her. For privacy reasons, there is no global address book for student e-mails.
Will WebCT e-mail go to the new student accounts? | top
No. E-mail sent within WebCT will continue to use WebCT accounts.
Can I send e-mail to student accounts directly from Exchange? | top
Yes, you can send, forward, and reply to student e-mails from your Exchange account – you do not have to be in My MC.
I have more questions about student e-mail. Who can I contact? | top
Contact the IT Help Desk (240-567-7222).