Pinterest for Faculty
"Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and more." (Pinterest 2012). Instructors can begin using Pinterest to access inspiring images and to gather ideas and information. Some uses in education include creating lesson plans, sharing resources with students, and organizing content by categories. Instructors and students can create visually appealing bulletin boards; pin interesting and informative items; and share with others through the use of email, Blackboard, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networks. A free Pinterest mobile app is available for both Android and iOS mobile devices (iPod, iPad, and iPhone) to facilitate pinning on the go with the use of device cameras.
The Learning Technologies Committee:
* Promotes the use of technology in support of teaching and learning.
* Identifies emerging technologies for enhancing teaching and learning to the College community for potential piloting
* Reviews proposals from the College community to test new technology for piloting and adoption.
* Advises and reports to the Executive Technology Steering Committee.
* Recommends pilot projects to the Executive Technology Steering Committee for approval.
* Shares information in coordination with the Applications Advisory Group.
* Determines outcomes, tracks and assesses data to determine if outcomes were met in adoption post-pilot phase.
* Discusses and considers full usage of available technical functions of College instructional software and systems.