Important Points about Financial Aid
- How to Fill Out the FAFSA (English - web link)
- Types of Federal Student Aid (English - web link)
- Files are reviewed and awarded based on the date they are received and completed
- You can check your financial aid processing status at MYMC.
- Some types of aid may require additional forms.
- Awards are calculated for full time study for fall and spring.
- Dollars represent a full year of assistance for full time attendance.
- In some cases awards can be pro-rated for less than full-time attendance.
- In some aid programs, funds are cancelled if the student is not registered for 12 or more credit hour equivalent hours.
- Financial aid is not available for "audit" classes or Workforce Development "non-credit" classes.
- You are not required to have your semester classes selected to apply for aid, but you must have filed the Admissions and Registration Application in order for the financial aid office to identify your student status.
- If you do not provide a Social Security Number (SSN) to Admissions, your federal financial aid file will be inactive.
- When you register for classes, you must register for credit (not audit or non-credit offerings) to be considered for federal and most other aid programs. The financial aid award is based on full time enrollment (minimum registration of 12 credit hour equivalent per semester). If you do not enroll for full time, your financial aid may be reduced or cancelled.
- Some aid programs require full time attendance (12 hours) and most aid programs require at least half-time enrollment (6 hours).
- You must enroll in an eligible degree program or register for a certificate that is eligible for financial aid.
- After your file is complete at MC, the financial aid counselor or financial aid specialist approves it, and the award decision is posted to your My MC online account.
- Your financial aid award letter, the Award Conditions, and the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy of the college indicate the types and amounts of aid you are awarded and the requirements you must meet to keep the awards.
- Grants are accepted automatically.
- Scholarships, loans and student employment may have additional requirements. Check with the Financial Aid Office for specific program details.
- You should decline the aid in writing if you do not plan to attend MC.
- You must attend classes to earn your financial aid. Your aid may be adjusted or cancelled if you do not meet the conditions of enrollment or if you completely withdraw from school.
- Your offered aid will hold your classes and you may not need to write a check to the College for tuition. Check with a financial aid representative for details.
- Students who receive financial aid in excess of their charged tuition and fees may use their funds to pay for required books and supplies at MC Books & More. It is not extra financial aid. We try to make some of your expected refund available as a credit to pay for your books at the college bookstores.
Use this simple form to contact the Financial Aid Office or call 240-567-5100 for further details.