Expectations of Individual and/or Groups Requesting a Mascot’s Appearance
Please submit your Raptor Squad Appearance Request at least 3 weeks prior to the event. All reservations will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be fulfilled depending on performer availability and management objectives. Raptor Squad appearances are only available when classes are in session. Raptor Squad availability is limited during the summer session.
- The Raptor mascot has the ability to wave, shake hands, sign autographs, perform the Raptor Dance and bring energy and enthusiasm to your event.
- The Raptor mascot does not have the ability to speak, eat, drink, be around animals, walk up or down stairs, ride an escalator, or do acrobatics or stunts.
- Due to the Raptor’s inherent dislike of wet feathers, the Raptor cannot perform outside on rainy days
- Due to the Raptor’s strict dietary plan, the Raptor cannot handle food or liquids at your event.
Fill out the Raptor Squad Appearance Request Form below. We will confirm the information you submit as soon as possible. If there are problems in fulfilling your request we will work with you to see if a date or time change is possible.
Most requests will be answered within a week. Unfortunately, our mascots do not always know their class schedules very far in advance. Therefore, requests for appearances in a future semester or for a date more than two months in the future will be acknowledged as received but not confirmed until closer to the event date. If your request for the Raptor mascot to appear at your event is approved, you will need to provide the following:
- An on-site contact person.
- A parking space close to the event.
- A private place to dress and rest (mascots will need at least 15 minutes per hour to cool down and reenergize). The on-site contact person must walk the mascot to and from the private place for security reasons.
- A secure location for clothes and personal items.
- Bottled water must be available at all times.
All publicity for the event, whether in advance or afterwards, which mentions an appearance by the mascot or uses the mascot logos, must be approved by the Montgomery College Office of Communications before use. For approval please contact Elizabeth Homan at email@example.com or Marcus Rosano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A friendly and safe environment must be maintained. The Raptor Squad reserves the right to walk away from any appearance deemed unsafe or harmful.
I understand that Montgomery College and the Raptor Squad are in no way liable for any injuries or damages sustained as a result of the Raptor Mascot squad appearing at this event.
By clicking the submit button, I acknowledge my agreement with and acceptance of these rules regarding having the Raptor Squad appear at the event I have outlined in my request.