Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs
Our Mission Statement
To support Montgomery College’s mission of empowering students to change their lives by identifying sources of public funding for enriching the College's programs. The Grants Office assists members of the College community with finding the best possible funders, proposal development, grant management, reporting functions, and guidance at all stages of grant resource development.
Take the first steps toward winning a grant by downloading and completing the Preliminary Grant Proposal Form (PDF - 34 KB).
If you have already won a grant, review our Grants Starter Kit for Awards for guidance.
What We Do
- Research grant opportunities
- Inform college community about potential relevant public funding opportunities
- Lead proposal teams to facilitate and participate in proposal development efforts
- Submit preliminary grant proposal form to Grants Review Committee (GRC) for review/approval
- Facilitate partnerships with education, business, and non-profit and community partners in support of resource development
- Liaison with Office of Business Services, Procurement, HR, IT, and other college offices
- Obtain appropriate approvals for grant submission/reporting
- Train potential and active grant project directors
- Assist in grant management
- Manage Perkins grant
- Participate in assisting grant compliance by reminding project directors of reporting requirements/deadlines and assisting with reports as requested
- Network with state and national professional associations to keep informed about grant trends and requirements