Skip to Main Content
Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill to Dependents

Chapter 33 (cont): Transfer of Post 9-11 GI Bill to Dependents [TEB]

Those wishing to transfer Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to their dependents must request to do so through the Department of Defense [DoD].

To apply for Chapter 33:

  1. Visit the DoD transferability application website to determine if your dependents are eligible to receive the transferred benefits. This website is only available to military members.
  2. If approved, complete VA Form 22-1990e and submit it to the VA. VA Form 22-1990e should only be completed and submitted to VA by the family member after DoD has approved the request for TEB.  Do not use VA Form 22-1990e to apply for TEB.  
  3. The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility, you must submit a copy of your certificate to the VA Coordinator.


For more information about TEB, including eligibility requirements, visit the TEB-VA Website.
Note: All students wishing to enroll into VA Education Benefits at Montgomery College must submit a Certification Request for VA Benefits to the VA Coordinator.

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2018, Montgomery College