Skip to Main Content
Computer Gaming and Simulation Banner Image

Degree and Certificate Programs

Transfer Information

collegeAfter you complete the two-year A.A. degree in Computer Gaming and Simulation at Montgomery College, you probably will want to transfer to a four-year school to complete a four-year degree.

Many schools offer gaming programs. See for a list of schools around the world. Some local universities are listed below.

See MC's transfer page

File your MC graduation forms so there is an official record that you graduated from MC: Graduation Form (PDF)
Students transferring to UB: see the Bee Line program and transfer agreement (specific electives are required for UB).

Talk to financial aid about possible grants and scholarships and look for transfer scholarships!

Important! If you know where you want to transfer, contact that school to find out what the transfer requirements will be. They are different for each school!

Where to transfer?

  • The University of Baltimore (UB) offers a bachelors-level degree in gaming. UB offers gaming classes locally at the Universities at Shady Grove campus as well as in Baltimore. USG is 5 minutes from MC!
    Our transfer agreement and the new "Bee Line" program makes it easy for gaming students to transfer from MC to UB.
    UB and USG have generous transfer scholarships for qualified students, so be sure to ask about those! For example, many students have won a free ride to UB with the Wilson Scholarship.
    Students planning to transfer to UB should be sure to read the transfer requirements and talk to a gaming advisor before choosing electives.

    • See the Bee Line program and the transfer agreement for specifics. 
    • UB scholarship info: and (Contact 1-877-APPLY-UB for more information.)
    • UB/USG contacts:

      • Toyette Sullivan, 301.738.6352
        Student Support Services Coordinator, University of Baltimore/The Universities at Shady Grove, 9636 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD 20850

      • Marcie Povitsky, 301.738.6173
        Transfer Access Coordinator, The Universities at Shady Grove, 9636 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
        Make an appointment with Marcie:
        Marcie Povitsky's schedule:
         Mondays 9-5: MC-Rockville, Macklin Tower Library, Room 305E
         Tuesdays 9-5: MC-Germantown, Counseling & Advising Center, SA 250
         Wednesday 9-12: MC-Takoma Park, Counseling & Advising Center, ST 233-254
         Wednesday 1-5: USG, III-1108
         Thursdays (by appointment): MC-Rockville, Macklin Tower Library, Room 305E
         Fridays 9-5: USG, III-1108

  • UMBC (Baltimore, MD) offers game programming and game animation degrees. Contact a transfer counselor for more details about UMBC's transfer program with MC.

  • Capitol Technology University (Laurel, MD) offers mobile computing and game programming.

  • UMUC (online) offers degrees in Computer Science, and Digital Media. See the Alliance program and scholarship opportunities

  • American University (Washington, DC) offers a Masters degree in persuasive games.

  • George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) offers Computer Game Design.

  • The Art Institute (Arlington, VA) offers game art and animation degrees.

  • DeVry (Arlington, VA) offers game programming degrees.

  • UMD, Towson, and other local schools offer programs in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, gaming and other related disciplines.

  • See for a list of schools around the world.

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2019, Montgomery College