Learn about American University's Guaranteed Admissions Agreement
- All 60 credits earned through the Associate's degree will transfer towards the AU degree (provided the student meets AU's Transfer Credit Guidelines).
- Work with an AU Academic Advisor to plan remaining coursework at MC for seamless transfer to AU.
- AU will waive the application fee for MC students who apply under this agreement.
- Students who have a 3.5 GPA at the time of acceptance will be eligible to pre-register for courses.
- Students will be eligible for the combined bachelors/masters programs if such programs are available in their major.
- AU offers a Transfer Transitions orientation program for new transfer students.
- Students can use all support services offered by AU.
- Upon completion of 15 credit hours (no more than 45 credit hours), submit a letter of intent by October 1 the year prior to transfer.
- Complete an associate of arts or associate of science degree from Montgomery College.
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the time of admission.
- Submit a Letter of Intent by October 1st for admission the following fall.
- Submit a transfer application and all supplemental materials by February 1 prior to fall admission.
- Visit the AU website for details about the Guaranteed Admission Agreement - www.american.edu/admissions/transfer/gaa.cfm
- MC students who plan to earn an A.A. or A.S. degree may be eligible to transfer to AU under the Guaranteed Admission Agreement, provided they meet the requirements listed below. Transfer under this agreement is for Fall semester only.
- Students who are not eligible for or choose not to transfer under this agreement can always apply for regular admission to AU - www.american.edu/admissions/transfer/index.cfm
Associate Director of Admissions