Montgomery College's Arts Institute
The MC Arts Institute provides exceptional arts experiences and learning opportunities for students, faculty, and the community with support from the Montgomery College Foundation and the College’s donors.
Its programs and sponsorships encourage inter-campus exchanges and collaborations and take place on all three campuses. The Arts Institute fosters a culture of unity among all arts programs, faculty, staff, and students college-wide.
The Arts Institute brings distinguished guest artists to MC’s campuses, works with art musems and other Institutions to provide art internships, and has provided study experiences in Italy for outstanding art and music scholars. The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Distinguished Chamber Music Series, the Arts Institute Distinguished Guest Artist Lectures, the WILLPOWER Shakespeare Festival, and the World Arts Festival are programs made possible by the MC Arts Institute.
The Arts Institute Mission
- To provide a college-wide focus on the arts.
- To provide unparalled opportunities for students to work with, and to learn from, distinguished art professionals.
- To seek opportunities for continuous learning in the arts for students, faculty, staff, and the community we serve.
- To invigorate the college community by offering arts events of exceptional quality and scope.
- To enrich the cultural life of Montgomery County through collaboration with arts and educational organizations.
The Rockville Art Department Scholarship Fund is an endowment, the interest from which goes to
students majoring in art education, art history and studio art at the Rockville Campus.
Montgomery College Arts Institute
51 Mannakee Street, GU 241
Rockville, MD 20850
David Phillips, Director
Tiwiya Savoy, Administrative Assistant II