Skip to Main Content
Transfer Options Banner

Articulation Agreements


Learn About the the Community College Alliance Program (CCAP)

Especially designed for Maryland community college students just starting coursework toward an associate's degree, the alliance programs provide one curriculum plan for earning an associate's degree and a University of Maryland, University College (UMUC) bachelor's degree seamlessly.

UMUC will accept up to 70 applicable community college credits from Montgomery College (MC).  By completing your associate's degree at MC, you have saved big on your first two years of college!  You can also transfer with peace of mind, knowing your hard-earned credits from MC will transfer to UMUC.

For more information, please see UMUC's Alliance Program Website.

CCAP Benefits

Linked Associate's to Bachelor's Degree Programs

The following MC associate’s degrees and UMUC bachelor’s degree programs are most closely linked so you can follow one plan to earn your associate’s degree and bachelor’s degree.

Click here for a complete list and descriptions of each degree program offered at UMUC for MC students.


  • Additional degree options are available beyond the articulated programs listed on the above website.  To learn how your MC credits will transfer to UMUC, please e-mail or call 800-888-UMUC (8682).
  • Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor at MC for advising on degree programs and course registration. 
  • Students may also contact the MC-UMUC representative from UMUC:  Megan Tuozzo,

Transfer to UMUC

Students transferring from MC may transfer up to 70 credit hours of applicable credit towards a bachelor's degree.  Students are encouraged to complete an Associate's Degree at their community college and speak with a UMUC representative at their community college campus.

How to Apply

You must complete the UMUC Admission Application.  There is no application fee if you apply to UMUC before you earn your associate's degree.  UMUC academic requirements for admission are:

  • Graduation from a regionally accredited or state-approved high school OR
  • A total score of at least 2250 on the General Education Development (GED) examination and no score below 410 on any of the five tests.  If you completed the GED exam before January 2002, you must have scored a minimum of 40 on each of the five tests, with a total score of at least 225.

If you present at least 24 semester hours of transferrable college credit, you are not required to submit official high school transcripts or GED scores.

Once you are admitted at UMUC, you can be dually enrolled at both MC and UMUC.

For details on transfer information to UMUC, please review:

Montgomery College Information 

UMUC Information 

Other Resources

UMUC Website 

UMUC Catalog and Schedule of Classes 

UMUC Majors Offered 

UMUC Information for Current Students 


Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2016, Montgomery College