Welcome to the Montgomery College's Renaissance Scholars Honors Program website!
The Renaissance Scholars is a selective honors program offered in the evenings and on the weekends at the Germantown campus and at the Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus.
The mission of the Renaissance Scholars Honors Program is to create a learning community for high-achieving and highly motivated part-time and full-time students. This learning community provides both students and faculty the opportunity to learn from one another in a unique interdisciplinary format. Because the program is offered in the evenings and on weekends, it provides special educational opportunities for a population of students that is all too often underserved.
Benefits of the Renaissance Scholars Honors Program:
• Stimulating interdisciplinary courses
• Participation in a community of scholars, both part-time and full-time students
• Study/travel experience
• Faculty mentors and special advising
• Cultural and social activities
• Internship opportunities
• Opportunity for an honors program designation on transcript
• Fall scholarship of $180 for in-county tuition for Renaissance Scholars Honors Program Seminar (1 honors credit)
• Spring scholarship of $918 for in-county tuition for Renaissance Scholars Honors Program Seminar (6 honors credit)
| If you have any further questions, please contact the Directors of the Renaissance Scholars Honors Program: |
|Professor Joan Naake |
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, MD 20876
| || Dr. Carole Wolin |
7600 Takoma Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Watch the video below to learn about the Renaissance Scholars Honors Program at Montgomery College.