The First Year Experience Program (FYE) at Montgomery College consists of a series of orientation activities, programs, and courses to help you ease into the demands and challenges of college life; forge connections with counselors, faculty, staff and peers; and prepare you for academic success at MC ... and beyond!
FYE activities are held at each campus, for example New Student Orientation, First Year seminars, and the Student Ambassador program. There are also programs and activities unique to each campus, so be sure to check the web page of the campus of your choice!
First Year Experience Program includes:
Academic Advising and Counseling
Orientations (two different orientations for students)
New Student Orientation (NSO)
Academic Orientations (e-MAPs, MAPs & IMAPs)
Development of an Education Plan
FYE Activities and Resources
First Year Seminars
Summer Bridge Program 2016! The brochure and schedule is here. Some scholarships are available.
NEW students to MC, get your FYE PASSPORT and enter for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD 7!!
- Complete the Passport in ONE semester or by the end of the school year.
- Deadline to turn in the Passport is Friday, May 13, 2016.
- Turn in the Passport to Angela Dawson, 16D Campus Center/Rockville Campus OR turn it in to a FYE Coordinator on the other campuses:
Tyra Peanort, SA/175 (Germantown) or
Shelly Bennett, ST249 (Takoma Park/Silver Spring).
- The drawing will occur on Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
- The winner will be contacted by email and phone by Wednesday, May 18, 2016. Response to claim the prize must be returned within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected.
Choose Your Campus
Student Health 101 is a monthly wellness newsletter that covers topics that impact student success and retention. There is also an informative Parent Issue
Insider's Guide Worksheets