The First Year Experience Program (FYE) at Montgomery College consists of a series of orientation activities, programs, and courses to help you ease into the demands and challenges of college life; forge connections with counselors, faculty, staff and peers; and prepare you for academic success at MC ... and beyond!FYE activities are held at each campus, for example New Student Orientation, First Year seminars, and the Student Ambassador program. There are also programs and activities unique to each campus, so be sure to check with the FYE Program Coordinator on your campus of choice!First Year Experience Program includes:
The Summer Bridge Program brochure and schedules are here!!
Get ready for Summer Bridge by following the steps of enrollment outlined in the brochure and register. Space is limited. Contact Angela Dawson for questions at 240-567-1779 or email@example.com.
FYE Activities and Resources
1) THE FYE PASSPORT PROGRAM!! Get more details here.
NEW students to MC, get your FYE PASSPORT and enter for a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD 7!! Complete the PASSPORT by May 17, 2017 to enter the drawing.
2) Summer Bridge Program
3) College and University Tours
4) AlcoholEdu for College Students Course
“Get connected! We know what you need to make your move.”
FYE mission statement:
Connect first-year students to Montgomery College by
* Educating students on services and resources.
* Empowering students to make their move toward their goals.
* Engaging students in Montgomery College and the community.
* Embracing students by meeting them where they are.
* Exciting students through the experience we provide in their first year.
* Enriching students’ lives by providing, promoting and supporting learning opportunities that will help them grow personally, professionally and academically.
* Empowering students to initiate goal setting and decision-making.
* Exploring opportunities so students can discover who they want to be and plans they can make to realize their dreams.
Choose Your Campus
Student Health 101 is a monthly wellness newsletter that covers topics that impact student success and retention. There is also an informative Parent Issue
Insider's Guide Worksheets