Urgent Notice: Changes to 2012-2013 Financial Aid
Highlights of changes to the 2012-2013 financial aid process.
- The maximum number of semesters to receive a Pell Grant has changed.
- Students who do not have a high school diploma or GED will not be eligible for federal financial aid as of July 1, 2012.
- Interest rates on federal direct subsidized student loans will increase to 6.8% for all new loans taken as of July 1, 2012.
- For verification, personal copies of federal tax returns can no longer be accepted.
- FAFSA student applicants are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to provide student/parent tax information directly into the FAFSA
We will be posting information, instructions, and podcast video links to help you to prepare for the changes that may affect your application for financial aid.