About the Web Redesign Project
The College is redesigning its public .edu sites for look, feel, branding, navigation, usability, accessibility, and content quality.
Specifically, the redesign project aims to:
- accurately and clearly reflect Montgomery College's mission and culture
- provide a solid and consistent visual presentation of the College's Web site
- implement consistent and uniform navigation capabilities throughout department sites
- provide content that is consistent in quality and design
- create a Web site that is user-friendly and easy to navigate and search
- improve overall accessibility and usability of the site
- incorporate the latest Web technologies including podcasting, RSS feeds, and streaming video
- develop a plan for an interactive design process
- create an emergency Web plan that would be utilized during an incident that could affect the safety, security or functioning of the Montgomery College community
- optimize the search engine
Phase 1 - Completed in September 2009
Includes redesigning the home page and associated top-level landing pages.
Phase 2 - Fall 2009 to Ocotber 2011
Includes redesigning the remaining departmental pages. Web content managers in each department play a key role in inputting their content into templates on the CMS.