Program Requirements for Raptor Mascot and Mascot Assistants
Wearers of the mascot costume should abide by the following rules:
- Never speak while in costume, except to an accompanying assistant in hushed tones
- Be a positive representation of school spirit
- Never dress/undress/remove head in public, the mascot’s identity should be kept secret at all times!
- Gym shorts, a sleeved t-shirt, and knee-length black socks or leggings MUST be worn under the costume
- Excessive or risky stunts are prohibited.
- Never degrade game officials, student-athletes or the opposing party’s mascot
- Should not be distracting during the national anthem, when someone else has the floor at halftime, during serious injuries on the field/court, or at any other time that is deemed inappropriate. Photos of the mascot shall not be taken, nor are they permitted to appear on any social networking sites (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Always be aware of the limitations of the costume
- A structured stretching exercise, flexibility routine, or warm-up period should precede and follow all activities if vigorous actions are planned.
- Tumbling or other stunts are prohibited
- Proper hydration before, during and after any appearance must be followed
- A maximum of 45-minutes may be spent in costume before taking a break
- Wearers must bring a dry set of clothing to change into after each performance
- Abide by good conduct on and off campus.
- Follow the Montgomery College Student Code of Conduct.