Raptor Mascot Assistant
To be an assistant, a student must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a part-time or full–time student
- Be in good academic standing and maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Be enthusiastic
- Be creative
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have the ability to positively interact well with children
- Be responsible
- Be spontaneous
- Have self-discipline
- Be in good health and have health insurance
- Have a driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a vehicle in good working condition
- Provide a reference letter from an employee of the College at the time of the second-round audition/interview
If, at any time, a student does not meet these requirements, he/she may be terminated from the program. If a student is terminated for disciplinary reasons or voluntarily resigns, the student will be removed from the College payroll, and he/she will be ineligible to be a mascot or assistant again.
Students interested in participating in the College’s Mascot Program must complete the Raptor Mascot Assistant Form.
The selection committee will evaluate the applications and recommend students for a second-round interview and performance to the Mascot Program Manager. The Mascot Program Manager will invite these students to interview and provide a performance try-out in person.
Mascots and assistants will be required to attend a formal training session with a mascot professional prior to performing as the College mascot.
For questions or further information, contact Brian O’Neal, Mascot Program Manager, at email@example.com.