Rockville Art Department Scholarships and Awards
Each year the
Rockville Art Department Scholarship Fund awards
scholarships to promising students majoring in
art history and studio art at the Rockville Campus. Each spring, students apply for the scholarships by submitting an
online application. All scholarships and awards are applied directly to tuition
payments. Remaining funds may be used to purchase supplies at the College
Bookstore using a special voucher. A highlight of the academic year occurs at
the end of the spring semester, when scholarship recipients are honored
publicly at a special awards ceremony.
Donations to the Art
Department Scholarship Fund are greatly appreciated.
They should be made payable to the Montgomery College Foundation and state
"Rockville Art Department Scholarship Fund" on the memo line. The
Montgomery College Foundation, Inc., is a registered, nonprofit charitable
organization with IRS 501 (c)(3) tax-deductible status.
The Scholarships are awarded as follows:
Rockville Art Department Endowed Scholarships
Supports studio art and art history
students based on artistic and academic accomplishments.
MC Foundation Art Scholarships
• Frances Toshiye Tanada Ceramic Award - criteria: supports ceramics students
• Herbert D. David Memorial Endowed Scholarship - criteria: supports students based on financial need, and artistic accomplishments. (A current financial aid form must be on file with our financial aid office in order to be considered for this Scholarship)
• Sarah Silberman Sculpture Endowed Scholarship - criteria: supports sculpture students
• Sarah Silberman Ceramics Endowed Scholarship - criteria: supports ceramics students
Current use funds: These awards are non-endowed funds supported by donations from individuals or organizations:
• Marie Teixera Memorial Printmaking Award - criteria:
supports printmaking students
Art Association/James O’Brien Memorial
Scholarship - criteria: supports art students
• Orest Poliszczuk Award - criteria: supports sculpture students
• Komelia Okim Award - criteria: supports jewelry and metalsmithing students
For questions, contact: Professor Carr, 240-567-7652, John.Carr@montgomerycollege.edu