Teaching Pathways Opening Doors to STEM
Increasing the number and diversity of highly qualified STEM teachers going into the classroom, by designing, developing and supporting coordinated pathways into K-12 mathematics and science teaching careers for Montgomery County public school students, current MC students, and the large population of skilled mathematics and science professionals in the community who may choose to enter the teaching field.
Apply NOW for Spring 2015 Semester Learning Assistant positions: Provide tutoring and assistance to students under the guidance of the professor for a specific class that fits with your interests and skills. A PDF document that describes the program and has a listing of the current course openings is available for download.
A student application for you to fill out is also available for download as a PDF.
Please email your completed student application to Carolyn.Schick@montgomerycollege.edu.
TPOD STEM might be for you if you are.....
- a high school student considering a major in mathematics or science at Montgomery College
- a high school student considering becoming a science or math teacher
- a Montgomery College student majoring in mathematics or science or STEM teacher education
- have a Bachelor's degree (or higher) and are seeking an Alternative Certification Pathway to become a math or science teacher in MCPS middle or high schools
What we offer:
- Opportunities to work as Undergraduate Learning Assistants/ interns/counselors in summer classes and programs
Website pages and social media for STEM ED
STEM educators’ student group
Gathering space for the STEM Education students
Mentoring program using STEM “career changers”
For more information, contact Project PI Deb Poese, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 240-567-7269.
National Science Foundation Grant Award No. 1239965
Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
$300,000 2012 – 2014