A 4-Year Roadmap to Your Bachelor’s Degree
The MC to USG Degree Connection offers students the chance to earn their bachelor’s degree
from one of Maryland’s top-ranked universities, conveniently and affordably right here in Montgomery County.
They're off! University of Maryland, Montgomery College, Universities at Shady Grove Launch Terp Transfer Partnership (Read the story)
Here’s how it works.
Students earn their Associate’s Degree at Montgomery College and then transfer their credits to a Maryland university degree program offered at the Universities at Shady Grove campus to complete their bachelor’s degree.
- Reduces overall cost of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from a leading Maryland university
- Small sizes and flexible course schedules
- Campuses convenient to work and home in Montgomery County
- Guaranteed admission opportunities and personalized attention
- Graduates enter rewarding careers in our regions’ most high-demand fields, such as nursing, biological sciences, information technology, and education
Year 1 & 2: Montgomery College
After high-school, complete your first two years of study at Montgomery College (MC). Work with your MC advisor to choose a major that suits you and your career goals. USG and MC coordinate advising to keep you on track to earn your associate’s degree and make a simple and stress-free transfer to a degree program at USG.
Year 3 & 4: The Universities at Shady Grove
After MC, transfer into one of Maryland’s leading universities who offer classes at the USG campus. Students enroll in the university that offers the program they want, take their classes at USG, and earn their degree from their home university. The classes are the same as those taught on the main campus, and so are the professors!