Welcome to the Montgomery College Libraries, a three-campus, four-library service.
The Montgomery College Libraries play an essential role in supporting the curriculum at Montgomery College!
We have locations at each campus. At Germantown, we are in the Humanities/Social Sciences Building (HS), at Rockville we are in the Macklin Tower (MT) building and we have two locations in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, the Cafritz Arts Center (CF) building and the Resource Center (RC) building.
We offer a variety of services, in-person and virtual, and a number of resources, both in physical and electronic formats, that support research, teaching, and learning and to accommodate diverse learning styles and provide 24/7 access to resources, services and research assistance.
- Germantown: Biomedical, Technology and Bioscience
- Rockville: Business, Humanities, and Theatre
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring: Allied Health and Nursing
- Cafritz Art Library: Fine Arts
Collections/Holdings (As of November 2012)
- 480 instruction sessions provided annually to 9,000 attendees
- 283 library course pages & research subject guides
- Over 37,000 annual reference/consultation transactions (both physical & virtual)
- Nearly 28,000 physical visitors in a typical week during the semester
- 2,200 annual filled interlibrary loan transactions (borrowing and lending)
- Over 71,000 annual circulation transactions (general and course reserves)
- 65 weekly public service hours during the semester
- 199 computers, 921 seats, 3 instruction rooms, 11 group study rooms