Welcome to the Montgomery College Libraries, a three-campus, four-library service.
Libraries' Mission: The Libraries facilitate student
success by collaborating with the College community in the creation and
delivery of innovative services in a culture of excellence and accountability.
The Montgomery College Libraries play an essential role in supporting the curriculum at Montgomery College!
We have locations at each campus. At Germantown, we are in the Humanities/Social Sciences Building (HS), at Rockville we are in the Macklin Tower (MT) building and we have two locations in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, the Cafritz Arts Center (CF) building and the Resource Center (RC) building.
We offer a variety of services, in-person and virtual, and a number of resources, both in physical and electronic formats, that support research, teaching, and learning and to accommodate diverse learning styles and provide 24/7 access to resources, services and research assistance.
- Germantown: Biomedical, Technology and Bioscience
- Rockville: Business, Humanities, and Theatre
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring: Allied Health and Nursing
- Cafritz Art Library: Fine Arts
Collections/Holdings (As of November 2012)
246,000 print book volumes
137 electronic databases & resources
Over 16,000 e-books
Approximately 40,000 e-journals
Approximately 8,000 streaming e-videos
Over 21,000 audiovisual items
262 containers – Special Collections (Archives)
- 480 instruction sessions provided annually to 9,000 attendees
- 283 library course pages & research subject guides
- Over 37,000 annual reference/consultation transactions (both physical & virtual)
- Nearly 28,000 physical visitors in a typical week during the semester
- 2,200 annual filled interlibrary loan transactions (borrowing and lending)
- Over 71,000 annual circulation transactions (general and course reserves)
- 65 weekly public service hours during the semester
- 199 computers, 921 seats, 3 instruction rooms, 11 group study rooms