Need help adding yourself to a waitlist? Watch How to Waitlist Also read Waitlist FAQs for more information.
Most courses at Montgomery College have a waitlist if the course fills. Add yourself to a waitlist for a closed course. If a space becomes available, you will be notified via your My MC e-mail address to register for the course! You will not be charged for the course until you register.
Waitlist dates for spring 2014
| || |
Last chance to get on a waitlist is 11:59 p.m.
Waitlists will end at 11 p.m.
The day before the course begins
The day the course begins
When a seat in the course opens up:
- You will receive an e-mail in your MyMC email account within the hour.
- Check your My MC e-mail daily!
- Before the start of classes: You have 48 hours* to login to your My MC account and change your registration status from "Waitlist" to "Registered Web" for that course. *One week before the start of classes, you will be given 24 hours to login to My MC and register. You must add the class before its first meeting or you may be denied approval to join by the instructor: if it is the day the course begins, bring your waitlist notification and a Registration/Schedule Change form to the Office of Admissions and Records.
If you fail to register within the allotted time, the seat will be given to the next student on the waitlist.
- If the course has begun: You may only register with signed instructor approval on a Registration/Schedule Change form.
- Once your schedule is finalized, remove yourself from any remaining waitlists.
NOTE: When a waitlist exists, the Seats Remaining column "Rem" in My MC is NOT accurate. If a seat opens up, priority goes to the first person on the waitlist. You may add yourself to a waitlist to get a future available seat.