Questions concerning payment of your student account?
For current and prior term account balances, cashier holds and payment arrangements: Call the campus cashier's office at Rockville: 240-567-5342; Takoma Park/Silver Spring: 240-567-1526; Germantown: 240-567-7836
For accounts in collection: Contact Accounts Receivable at 240-567-5346
Outstanding financial balances must be paid before future registration is permitted, grades are released, or certifications, diplomas or transcripts are issued (
page 39 of the 2014-2015 MC catalog)
- Montgomery College’s web payment feature accepts payment in full per term.
- Montgomery College accepts credit and debit cards as well as check payment by Web from your checking account.
To pay your balance, log in to MyMC and click on "Pay My Bill".
- If your account has a Cashier’s Hold due to a prior balance and you pay by Web, the hold will be released in approximately 1 hour.
MC TIP (MC Tuition Installment Plan)
MC TIP allows students to pay charges in several payments. Each term is independent and must be enrolled in separately. Enroll before your scheduled payment due date. NOTE: MC TIP is not available for registration in Winter Session.
For summer terms, the non-refundable enrollment fee is $20.00 per term. There will be 2 payments per summer plan. This includes a down payment due at the time of enrollment in the MC TIP and one other payment several weeks into the term.
|For fall and spring terms, the non-refundable enrollment fee is $35.00 per term. There will be 3 or 4 payments for full term plans. This includes a down payment due at the time of enrollment in the MC TIP and follow-up payments later in the term. |
To view and enroll in MC TIP,
log into MyMC and click on "Pay My Bill".
Spring 2017 Tuition Installment Plans Chart
Payment by Mail
- Payments may be mailed to the attention of the Campus Cashier at any of our 3 campuses.
- Include your student M number on your check and include a phone number in case there are any questions. Checks and money orders must be made payable to MONTGOMERY COLLEGE. When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
Make sure to mail your payments in time to be received by the payment deadline. Give sufficient time (5 business days) for your payment to reach Montgomery College, so you will not lose your classes.
Student Services Building
51 Mannakee Street
Rockville, MD 20850
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Student Services Center
7600 Takoma Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Sciences and Applied Studies Building
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, MD 20876
Pay in Person
- Payments may be made at the Office of Admissions and Records (check and money order) or at any Campus Cashiers Office (cash, check, and credit or check card).
- If paying in cash, you must pay the Campus Cashier. NOTE: the Campus Cashiers Office closes at 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Montgomery College accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Checks and money orders must be made payable to MONTGOMERY COLLEGE. When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
- Include your student M number and a phone number on the check or money order.
- Montgomery College does not accept counter checks or two-party checks.
- The name of the account holder and the account number must be preprinted on the check. Montgomery College prefers if addresses are preprinted but will accept the check if the address has been added.
Students Receiving Financial Aid
If you have an employer or other agency assisting you with your tuition and fee charges and they require an invoice to send payment, you will need to provide Montgomery College with documentation from your sponsor. The documentation must include the following information:
- Your name and student identification number.
- The name and billing address of the organization sponsoring you.
- A contact name and phone number from the organization.
- A specific statement that authorizes Montgomery College to bill the organization.
- The total dollar amount to be billed to the organization.
- Billing requirements from the organization.
- Official signature (electronic signatures accepted) from organization.
Documentation that does not include all of this information will be returned to you and your organization will not be billed.
Fax documentation to
the Accounts Receivable Department in the Accounts Receivable Office at 301-545-0536 or submit documentation to any Campus Cashier’s Office.
- If your sponsor authorization is based on course completion or attainment of a certain grade before payment is made, you need to pay for your classes and wait to be reimbursed by your employer.
- Montgomery College does not defer tuition while you wait to be paid by your employer.
- Montgomery College requires you to submit new documents for each semester you attend. You cannot submit one document for an academic year or multiple semesters.
- If your sponsor is not paying 100% of your tuition charges you will be required to pay your portion of the charges to the Cashier at the time your form is submitted. Also, it is your responsibility to supply your sponsor with grades or certificates of completion. This is not done by the Accounts Receivable Office, even if the documentation from your sponsor authorizes the release of such items.
- If your sponsor has indicated that they will pay for book charges, keep a copy of the documentation and submit it to the Campus Bookstore when you purchase your books.
- Once your documentation has been received, an indicator will be placed on your account that will hold your classes until the charges are billed. If you decide not to attend a specific class or classes once you have submitted paperwork, then you must drop the class by the specified refund date in order to not be financially responsible for the charges.
- Sponsors are billed after the fourth week of classes during the fall and spring semester. During the summer sessions, sponsors are billed after the second week of classes. In the case of non-credit (WDCE) classes, sponsors are billed after the refund date for the particular class has expired.