Skip to Main Content

Financial Aid Blog

Financial Aid blog

Financial Aid Blog

2012 Hints for Summer Students

(General Information) Permanent link

Does Montgomery College offer student financial aid in the summer? (PDF -  296 KB)

Yes, but it is limited. To receive summer financial aid, students must have attended Montgomery College in fall 2011, spring 2012, or be registered for fall, 2012 classes. We cannot provide financial aid to “visiting” students who are pursuing degrees at other colleges or universities.

Which Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) do I complete for summer?

Students must complete the 2011-12 FAFSA by June 30, 2012 to receive summer financial aid. If you already completed this form and received financial aid for the fall 2011 and/or spring, 2012 semesters, you do not need to complete it again. Students transferring to MC from other schools should go to and add MC’s school code – 006911 – to their FAFSA so the college can receive your information. If you did not attend MC in the fall or spring, but have registered for fall 2012, you must complete both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 FAFSAs.

June and July Financial Literacy Sessions

(Deadlines, General Information) Permanent link

 Attention 2012 Spring/Summer Loan Borrower:


Attendance at a Financial Literacy session is required for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrower if you are a new student at Montgomery College (MC) or if you are a first time borrower at MC for the 2012 spring/summer term(s).  You must attend a 90 minute financial literacy session at one of the three campus locations.  Please be on time. The doors will close 5 minutes after the presentation is scheduled to start. To be eligible for the loan you must be registered for your classes and you must maintain a minimum of 6 credits for the spring 2012 semester and 6 credits for the summer 2012.
Please view the dates on the attached form for the 90 minute session that is convenient for your schedule in June or July  if you did not attend a previous session this academic year. Funds will not disburse to the new student borrower account unless this requirement is met. Please contact Disability Support Services if you need accommodations. Contact the financial aid office if you have questions.

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2018, Montgomery College