Montgomery College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its students, employees, and visitors to learn, work, and enjoy campus facilities. As part of that commitment, the College has developed a comprehensive Emergency Operations Plan to prepare for and respond to both man-made and natural emergencies occurring on one or more of the campuses or in the local community.
The purpose of the Montgomery College Emergency Operations Plan is to provide guidelines, assign responsibilities, and increase awareness in responding to emergencies that may impact the Montgomery College community. The response actions of emergency personnel are guided by the College’s commitment to:
- Preventing or minimizing harm or injury to individuals
- Minimizing damage to College assets
- Effectively communicating to the College community information concerning a potential emergency, during an emergency, and after an emergency
- Restoring normal operations in the shortest possible time frame
The Emergency Operations Plan consists of three sections:
- Emergency Procedures - provides guidelines for employees and students to follow when reporting or responding to emergencies.
- Emergency Protocols – emergency procedures for College emergency responders
- Emergency Contact Information – critical contact information for College emergency responders
The Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) is an “all-hazards” plan for extended emergencies that will allow the College to continue its essential functions for up to two weeks.
The Director of Emergency Planning with the assistance of the Environmental Safety Coordinator and the Offices of Safety and Security will be responsible for the regular review and updating of the Plan.
Click below to view a video about Safety & Security.
Office of Safety and Security
- Germantown Campus
- Rockville Campus
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus