Skip to Main Content

Completing the Common Application - MC Tips

MC ADVICE FOR THE COMMON APPLICATION Transfer Students:  Common Application (CA4) Directions

What is the Common Application (CA4)?

The Common Application (CA4) is an on-line college admission application that students may submit to over 500 member schools. Go to the website to see which institutions require the Common Application. Please note that Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari is needed to properly download and submit the CA4. Transfer students must submit the CA4 application electronically. Transfer students will only be able to download and print the following two forms:

1.    “Transfer Registrar Report” (This is to be completed by Montgomery College's Dean of Student Services Office on your campus. MC has "opted out" of the online completion of this form, but you may need to fill in the Dean's Name and e-mail address first.  Once you do that, you will get the instruction to print out the form and take it to the Dean's Office.  See the list of Deans of Student Services here.

2.    “Transfer Academic Evaluation Form” (for letters of recommendation).
These two forms will be populated with the student’s name once they set-up their CA4 application profile.  Students can also choose to have the Transfer Academic Evaluation Form sent electronically to Instructors for the recommendation.

Transfer students need to fill out or provide information for the following forms:

1. Follow all the directions through submission for the “Transfer Application Package”. 

2.    Transfer Academic Evaluation Form:  Print the PDF of an evaluation form and give it to your evaluator, preferably with an addressed, stamped envelope or electronically send it to an evaluator.  You may want to share your resume with the evaluator writing the recommendation. 

3.    Transfer Registrar Report: This form can be downloaded (with the student information populated  on it) and brought to the Associate Dean’s Office to be completed. This form “DOES NOT” go to the Registrar or the Admissions Office. It should be taken to the Dean of Student Services' office on your MC campus. 

4.    Final Report: This is generally not necessary for a transfer student, as it refers to high school work. However, check the “Supplement Page” of the four year institution to ascertain if they want the student’s high school transcript and standardized test scores.

5.    Essays: Some schools require additional essays, portfolios, and/or an interest statement. Check the “Supplement Page” of the CA4 for each college for additional information the student has to provide.

Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2019, Montgomery College