Welcome to the MC Shuttle!
During discussions with the Student Governance Council, it became clear that travel between
the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campuses via public transportation (Ride
On buses or METRO rail service) creates a hardship for many students. Utilizing
public transportation can take approximately 1.5 hours each way due to the many
stops. The need for timely, dependable, weekday intra-campus transportation
options for our commuting students and employees is evident.
To address these concerns, the College will initiate a “pilot” intra-campus shuttle
service between the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campuses starting August 25, 2014. The service is expected to reduce the commute time to
approximately 40 minutes each way.
MC SHUTTLE FAQs:
- What is the Montgomery College Shuttle? An express
transportation service between the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring campuses.
- What are the hours of operation? 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday
- Who drives the shuttle? The shuttle is operated by
drivers from Reston Limousine.
- How do I contact the Montgomery College Shuttle? Questions and comment can always be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I always need to go to a designated shuttle stop? Yes.
- What if it is past 6:00 p.m. and dark and I need a ride after the shuttle stops running? The RideOn service is still available to commute
- How long will the shuttle wait before driving away? Approximately five minutes on each campus between the two stops on the
- If I have a guest visiting me, can he/she ride the shuttle? You have to have a current Montgomery College ID to ride
- Which campuses does the shuttle pick up/drop
off? Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring campuses.
- How often does the shuttle stop at each campus? Approximately every 45 minutes Monday through Thursday and every 90
minutes on Friday.
- Why isn’t the shuttle available at Germantown
campus? It is a trial project at this point
and the travel times on public transportation between Rockville and Germantown
is much shorter than it is to Takoma Park/Silver Spring. The decision was made to run the
initial trial between Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring and evaluate the possible expansion and/or
continuation of the future shuttle.
- When does the shuttle run? Click here for the shuttle schedule.
- Where is the shuttle stop located on the
Rockville Campus? Near Counseling and Advising and Campus Center.
- Where is the shuttle stop located on the Takoma
Park/Silver Spring Campus? Near Cultural Arts Center and Student Services Center.
- Is the shuttle handicap accessible? Yes.
- How long will it take to travel between
Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus?
Currently estimated at 40 minutes, but please keep in mind that traffic may impact the actual travel time.
- Are there any restrictions on how many times I
can ride the shuttle each day? No restrictions at this time.