Minimum Cumulative GPA Required: 3.0 (2.75 for B.S.H.S. students)
Associate's Degree Required: Yes for Nursing and B.S.H.S. students, No for Engineering Students
Applying to GW School of Engineering and Applied Science
All students interested in applying to the School of Engineering and Applied Science at GW must apply for admission through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please note, that admission is not guaranteed through this agreement. For more information about the application process, visit: undergraduate.admissions.gwu.edu/transfer-admission
In addition, transfer applicants are eligible for various merit based scholarships. For more information, click here.
Notes for BSHS Students
- Admission is guaranteed through this agreement.
- Associate's degree is required for admission.
- Application fee is waived.
- Students applying to BSHS/MSHS dual degree programs must have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater.
Tuition & Fees
Notes for Nursing Students
- Must obtain an A.S. in Nursing from MC.
- Must provide evidence of a current U.S. license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Must provide evidence of current employment in a position that requires use of nursing knowledge at the time of application and enrollment as determined by GW.
- Students accepted to
GW under the terms of this agreement must complete twenty-one (21) credits of
GW coursework and register NURS 4121: Nursing Advancement Portfolio course in
order to complete the BSN requirements. The
Nursing Advancement Portfolio course provides students an opportunity to verify
their competencies in essential areas of knowledge and clinical skills required
for the Bachelors' level nursing student. Students are eligible to receive
advanced standing up to additional 15 credits after a portfolio review. GW will
determine whether the portfolio is sufficient to obtain the required fifteen
(15) credits. If the student's portfolio does not warrant fifteen
credits, the student will work with a GW advisor to identify necessary GW
coursework or work experience to meet the criteria. This course has a
flat fee of $500 versus a per credit cost.
- Ten (10) scholarships of up to $5,000 per year will be available on a competitive basis for applicants admitted under the terms of this agreement.
Master of Science in Nursing
Students who complete the A.S.N. at MC and a bachelor's elsewhere may be entitled to transfer to GW's M.S.N. program. Contact GW School of Nursing Admissions ( firstname.lastname@example.org, 571-553-0138) for more information.
Nursing Tuition & Fees
Learning Format: In-Person and Online
Housing Information: living.gwu.edu
Engineering Contact Information
Name: SEAS Office of Student Service and Advising
Phone: (202) 994-6158
BSHS Contact Information
Name: Tina Le, Director of Health Sciences Operations
Phone: (202) 994-7669
Nursing Contact Information
Name: GW School of Nursing, Admissions
Phone: (571) 553-0138
Location: Washington, D.C.