*The two three-credit-hour behavioral and social sciences
(BSSD) courses must be from different disciplines.
▪ Most engineering students will start at MC missing one or more pre-requisites for CHEM 131, CHEM 132, CHEM 135, ENGL 102, ENES 100, and MATH 181.
▪ The appropriate initial chemistry courses will be determined by the student’s score on the Chemistry Placement xam, mathematics level, AP/IB credits, or transfer credits. Possible courses include CHEM 099, CHEM 131, CHEM 132, or CHEM 135. Either CHEM 132 or CHEM 135 satisfies the required chemistry credit for UMCP. CHEM 131-132 satisfies the required chemistry credit for UMBC, but CHEM 135 does not.
▪ The pre-requisite for ENGL 102 is ENGL 101 or ENGL 101A. English course placement is determined by the Accuplacer English/Reading Test.
▪ The co-requisite for ENES 100 is MATH 180 or higher.
▪ The pre-requisite for MATH 181 is MATH 180 (Precalculus). Mathematics initial course placement will be etermined by the Accuplacer Math Test, AP/IB credit, or transfer credits.
▪ UMCP’s ENCE 100, 200, 215, 305 for which MC has no equivalents, must be completed after transfer or through MTAP.
▪ ENES 221 is only required for Geotechnical/Structures Track at UMCP. Students pursuing Environmental/Water resources Track or Transportation Track at UMCP may opt to take BIOL 105, BIOL 108, or GEOL 101 to fulfill the non-major science requirement.
▪ BIOL 105/BIOL 106, BIOL 108, OR GEOL 101 may be more appropriate than PHYS 263 depending on your transfer institution.
▪ NOTE: MC now offers ENES 120 Biology for Engineers (3) in the fall semester. This will transfer as equivalent to BIOE 120 for students who will pursue the B.S. Civil Engineering Environmental/Water Resources Track at UMCP.