FYE Activities and Resources
You can enhance your first year at Montgomery College with a variety of activities that include mentoring, leadership training, student government, clubs, service learning, career and transfer exploration, student success workshops, and FYE student success podcasts. Find more opportunities on the FYE Facebook page and the Student Insider's guide and Planner.
Welcome Week is the official semester Kick Off for new and returning students. This event takes place at all three campuses and is sponsored by the Offices of Student Life and led by MC’s faculty, staff, and student leaders. Welcome Week is a series of fun and interactive activities which includes information sessions/tables, academic workshops, free food, and giveaways. The ultimate goal of Welcome Week is to familiarize students with their campus and get them excited about the new academic year. All students are strongly encouraged to attend and participate in Welcome Week activities!
Through various educational and social activities, Welcome Week provides opportunities for students to:
- Make new friends,
- Reacquaint with old friends,
- Get involved,
- Make connections,
- Get acclimated to the campus and Montgomery College community,
- Learn more about and become familiar with campus services and resources,
- Interact and build relationships with MC faculty, staff and administrators,
- Help foster a sense of pride about being a MC student,
- Ease the transition to college life, and
- Prepare for a successful academic year and college experience!