Technical Writing Certificate (G): 143
This certificate curriculum is designed for those already employed in technical positions or in related positions, seeking to move into careers in technical writing and editing or to upgrade skills in these areas. The emphasis is on tools, techniques, and procedures for developing, preparing, and producing technical documents and presentations in a work environment. Those without appropriate background must obtain the consent of an adviser before enrolling in the curriculum.
||Computer Graphics: Art and Illustration I
||CA or CS elective
||Techniques of Reading and Writing I
||Principles of English Grammar
||Writing for Technology and Business
||Techniques of Proofreading and Editing
||Organization and Development of Technical Documents
||Principles of Management
||Introduction to Marketing
||Business and Professional Speech Communication
Total credit hours 28
Program Outcomes for the Technical Writing Certificate
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Write clearly for different audiences.
- Edit documents for correctness and consistency.
- Edit documents using sound grammar.
- Plan documents, including the budgeting and scheduling of them.
- Learn what is taught in a computer class.
- Plan, deliver, and critique speeches common in business and industry.
- Implement basic principles of management or marketing that are common in business and industry
Refer to course description pages to identify courses with prerequisites.
Courses in italics meet General Education requirements.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Institution OPEID: 006911
Program CIP: 23.1303
Program Length: 3 semesters (this does not include time for developmental or AELP courses)
- Cost for entire program completed in 3 semesters: $4,088
- Total estimated costs for books and supplies for the entire program: $1,200
- More cost information
Montgomery College does not offer on-campus housing
Debt at Program Completion:
Between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012:
2 students completed this program; 1 of them had student loan debt upon completing the program
Median cumulative debt for all students (both borrowers and non-borrowers):
$0 Federal student loan debt
$0 Private loan debt
Program Completion in Normal Time: 0 of 2 students completed the program within 3 semesters
Job Placement: This program is not required to collect job placement information by the college's accrediting agency. This information will be updated as it becomes available.