Skip to Main Content

Anthropology - Advising by Major(2)

What can I do with a degree in Anthropology?
Discover Anthropology - Career Paths

Anthropologist and Archaeologists Occupational Outlook Handbook

Search for Montgomery County information in this field
(salaries, job opportunities, education requirements) 
through Montgomery College’s Career Coach

Montgomery College Advising

Anthropology Department Website
MC Transfer Planning Page

What courses should I take prior to transfer for an anthropology major?

Students planning to transfer to a four-year institution should follow the
 MC General Studies Associate of Arts - SSAH (Social Sciences, Administration & Health) degree
MC does not have a specific "Anthropology" associates degree; General Studies SSAH allows you the flexibility
take courses according to the requirements of your transfer school.

Check with each school of interest to determine which MC courses are required at the lower level by visiting
a school’s Anthropology Major site.  

Search for Transfer Schools:

Some four-year institutions offer a degree in Anthropology; at some schools, Anthropology is a concentration under Sociology.
Search for schools in Maryland, ARTSYS –
Search for schools nationally by using any or all of these search programs:  
The College Board’s Search Program

 Explore this Major through  

Internships Advertised on E-Jobs Jobs and internship opportunities for MC students. 
Google internships in the major  
Montgomery County Volunteer Listings:  


Montgomery College

Montgomery County, MD


©2018, Montgomery College