Common Language Reading Group
The Common Language Reading Group is an opportunity to facilitate a common understanding of the global humanities through discussion of a common reading.
A group of faculty, staff and administrators held a series of conversations based on the excellent Globalization: A Very Short Introduction [Oxford University Press] by Manfred B Steger.
Our goal was to facilitate a common understanding of globalization in its many intricacies and complexities, to give us a starting point from which to embark on future explorations.
- Discussion leader was Dr Gregory Wahl, recent recipient of Professor of the Year Award and Cultural Studies expert
- Group size was limited to 12
- Four meetings: Two face-to-face and two virtual.
- Qualified for Cultural Diversity training credit.
To register for the GHI Reading group, please follow these steps and register on MC Learns:
- Login to My MC
- Click on the “Training & Dev” Tab
- Click “Visit MC Learns”
- Click “Teaching and Learning” under Pedagogy/Instruction
- Find and Click “GHI - Common Language Globalization Reading Group”
- Click “Enroll” at the bottom right corner of the page.
The Global Humanitites Institute is a partnership with
Help us Prepare Students for the Global Economy
When you make a tax-deductible gift to the College’s Global Humanities Institute, the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) grant will provide 50% matching funds. Simply visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/onlinegiving, or contact the Montgomery College Foundation for more information at (240) 567-7900.
Global Humanities Institute • 7600 Takoma Avenue • Takoma Park, Maryland 20912
For general program information contact Dr. Rita Kranidis, Program DIrector • (240) 567-1617 • firstname.lastname@example.org
For event information contact Ms. Jovina Orme, Administrative Aid • (240) 567-1368 • email@example.com