CONTINUE YOUR STUDIES WITHOUT LEAVING MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Did you know that you can transfer to a public Maryland university after Montgomery College to earn a baccalaureate degree right here in Rockville? The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is a partnership of nine different University System of Maryland institutions.
Enjoy small classes, close relationships with the faculty, active student life, and personalized assistance from USG’s Office of Student and Academic Services.
TIPS FOR A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO USG FOR YOUR BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Stay on track for your transfer with these helpful tips developed by USG and Montgomery College.
1. Review the undergraduate programs offered at USG.
2. Meet with a program representative or recruiter on USG’s campus to discuss the pre-requisites and admissions requirements for your selected program. View detailed MC transfer agreements by home university and program here.
3. All programs at USG require approximately 60 credits or an associate’s degree. Work closely with your MC counselor to plan the most efficient way to reach this goal.
4. Attend a USG Open House to learn more information about your program of interest and to take a tour of the campus. Or see when USG is visiting MC.
5. Before applying to your program of choice, complete all prerequisites and general education requirements, and ensure you have completed all application materials requested by the home institution’s admissions office. Verify your application is complete prior to the program’s application deadline.
6. Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSAby the institutional priority deadline as well as the March 1st state deadline. Also, please be sure to submit a General Scholarship Application for students attending USG.
7. Send a final transcript from MC to the home institution’s admissions office once all MC coursework has been completed.