Follow the steps below to get started with distance education at Montgomery College.
|Read this section of the website
- Look through all the links under Before You Register.
- Browse through the FAQs to find answers to some of the questions you may have about distance learning.
- If you are new to distance learning, take the Online Pre-Assessment.
- Vist the Online Student Orientation to orient yourself with Blackboard.
|Look For a Class
- Check the schedule page on the Montgomery College's website or click on the DELT Course Listing link on the left menu. Make sure to read the notes!
- Go to the online college catalog to learn more about courses and majors available at MC.
- Some courses you are looking at might have Course Information Page created by the instructor, visit the Course Information Page to see if the instructor for your course has created a page.
|Seek Advice (If necessary)
- Visit a counselor, in person or online if you have questions. Click on Counseling and Advising for more information.
- To reach a counselor online, send an email to:
|Admission to the College (If necessary)
- Students need to be admitted to the College before registering for a class. Admission can be completed in a number of ways. Click on Registration/Visiting Students for more information about admissions. Pay particular attention to assessment and testing requirements.
|Register for Class
|Go To Class
- Sign on to MyMC
- Click the Blackboard icon in the upper right-hand corner of your MyMC page. The courses will be available to students sometime between one week prior to the first day of the course.
- Alternately, students taking courses on Blackboard may log in to MyMC and click the My Courses tab and then click the online course titles on that page.
- Check to make sure your online course uses Blackboard. Not all courses use Blackboard. To make sure, check the notes below the course you are registering for.