“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Margaret Mead (1901-1978)
Your experiences as a college student are different from those at any other time of your life. You juggle classes and work, establish new friendships, and enjoy new freedom...and that's exactly why we're here! Clubs are designed to add value to your life at Montgomery College. You will find endless opportunities to:
- meet others, make connections, gain social contacts, but more importantly establish friendships
- take part in an exciting and fun experience while learning about yourself and the world around you
- develop and hone vital leadership skills
- transfer classroom theory into practice
- build your resume and portfolio
- but more importantly discover your values, potential and campus spirit
Additionally, clubs have the advantage of collaborating with faculty member or professional staff advisor and a Student Life Specialist in setting it up to be successful.
Student Life provides the structure and YOU provide student life with your passion, ideas, and energy. As a member of the MC community, we know that you will contribute in many important ways and are here to be inspired by you and lead with you to make our campus even more vibrant.
The Club Program Mission Statement
The Club Program will enhance the student experience while developing essential leadership skills for today’s students and tomorrow’s leaders.
By being involved in our club program, students will:
- Discover their talents, strengths and potential through the Social Change Model of Leadership
- Be engaged & educate the Montgomery College community
- Develop life skills such as effective planning, communication, organization, time management, critical thinking, reflection and interpersonal skills
There are many different types of clubs to get involved with:
|* academic honor||* community service|
|* diversity/ cultural||* departmental/ career/ major|
|* political||* religious|
|* social||* special interest|
|* sports/ recreation||* support/ network|
An Official updated Club Listing will be available during the fall 2014 semester however these are the club who have informed that office that it will return for Fall 2014; click here.
If you prefer to start your own club please review the Official Club Recognition Process webpage and sign up for an Official Club Workshop.
The Student Life Specialist for the Club Program is Mr. Val Melgosa and can be contacted by calling 240-567-5092, 240.567.7181 or email email@example.com.
Make a difference in your community and get involved with a club!!!