“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Margaret Mead (1901-1978)
Your experiences as a Montgomery College student are different from those at any other time of your life. You juggle classes, work, and other responsibilities; establish new friendships and connect with others, but most of all enjoy new freedom... and that's exactly why we're here! Clubs are designed to add value to your Student Life while at Montgomery College. You will find endless opportunities to:
- meet others, make connections, gain social contacts, but more importantly establish friendships
- take part in an exciting and fun experience while learning about yourself and the world around you
- develop and hone vital leadership skills
- transfer classroom theory into practice
- build your resume and portfolio
- but more importantly discover your values, potential and campus spirit
Additionally, clubs have the advantage of collaborating with faculty member or professional staff advisor and a Student Life Specialist in setting it up to be successful.
Student Life provides the structure and YOU provide student life with your passion, ideas, and energy. As a member of the MC community, we know that you will contribute in many important ways and we are here to be inspired by you and lead with you to make our campus even more vibrant.
The Club Program Mission Statement
The Club Program will enhance the student experience while developing essential leadership skills for today’s students and tomorrow’s leaders. By being involved in our club program, students will:
- Discover their talents, strengths and potential through the Social Change Model of Leadership
- Be engaged & educate the Montgomery College community
- Develop life skills such as effective planning, communication, organization, time management, critical thinking, reflection and interpersonal skills
There are many different types of clubs to get involved with:
- Academic/ departmental
- Community Service
- Cultural/ diversity
- Religious / Spiritual
- Special Interest
To review the Rockville Campus club listing please visit the Current Club Listing webpage by clicking HERE.
If you prefer to start your own club please review the Official Club Recognition Process webpage for details by clicking here.
For more information about the Club Program, please contact Mr. Val Melgosa, Student Life Specialist for the Club Program, by calling 240-567-5092, 240.567.7181, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Student Life Office located in the Campus Center, Room 005.
MAKE YOUR MOVE... and get involved by joining a club!!!