The first step for you to become part of Summer Dinner Theatre 2014 is the interview or the audition process. An interview is required for a technical position and an audition is required for a performance position. If you are planning to audition, but also would like to be considered for a technical position, please only sign up for a performance audition and check the appropriate box on your audition application.
Each individual will be auditioned in three areas: singing, acting, and movement/dance.
• Singing: please prepare one song of your choice. A piano accompanist is provided, but please bring your sheet music for the accompanist to play while you sing.
• Acting: you will be given material from one of the shows to read.
• Movement/Dance: all of those auditioning will be taught a simple movement/dance routine appropriate to the shows. Please dress in appropriate clothes and shoes.
Auditions will be held in the Theatre Arts Building on the Montgomery College, Rockville Campus.
The audition schedule will be:
• Friday, May 9, 2014 from 5-9 p.m.
• Saturday, May 10, 2014 from 1-7 p.m.
• Sunday, May 11, 2014 from 2-7 p.m.
You may choose one of two ways to sign up for an interview:
(2) call 240-567-7676 to set up an audition time
A note to auditioners: Please do not be discouraged if you are not as talented in one area as you are in others. You are being auditioned in order to ascertain your talent level in all three areas (singing, dancing, acting). You will be accepted on your level of talent in one or all areas based on the needs of the productions.
Audition times are on the hour and it is recommended that you arrive 30 minutes early in order to be ready to audition when called upon.
CLICK HERE to print an audition application.
You must complete this form and bring it with you to your audition.
Please allow approximately 1½-2 hours for completion of your audition.