3 Academic credits + Stipend TBA
An intern in this position will assist the Technical Director/ Production Manager in all technical aspects of both productions. Responsibilities include:
• Attend all meetings as scheduled
• Supervise students in the construction, painting and instillation of scenery and props
• Help train students on the use of tools
• Assist in lighting, sound, costumes and other areas of production, when needed.
• When appropriate, research construction materials for cost, availability and use
• Assist the Stage Managers and the TD in taping rehearsal spaces and scheduling crew calls for the productions
• Assist the TD and SMs in choosing technical crews for the production and creating build schedules for the productions
• Assist in supervision of rigging projects
• Setting up and managing all the backstage areas for technical rehearsals and performances
• Assist the SM in managing the crews for each show and will possibly manage all scene changes
• Schedule work calls for actors who are not in rehearsal
The intern will have the opportunity to serve as Stage Manager or Technical Director for the Student Cabaret and will have hands-on learning in all areas of production. The intern will be expected to keep a journal and write an evaluation at the end of the summer. All interns are expected to participate in other responsibilities to the Summer Dinner Theatre program as a whole.
A candidate for this internship should have strong organizational skills, have worked in two or more areas of technical theatre. In addition the candidate should have good people skills and desire to learn about production management and technical direction on large scale musicals. All interns are required to have a minimum of one year of college or equivalent experience.
Start Date: Prior to or on the first day of Summer Dinner Theatre Auditions
End Date: Thursday, August 3rd, following final strike of Summer Dinner Theatre
Hours: Monday - Friday, 2 - 10 p.m.and other times, plus weekends for technical rehearsals and performances. Must attend all technical interviews, production meetings, technical rehearsals, performances and strikes
Final Week Schedule: Monday - Thursday, Noon - 6 p.m.
Supervisor: Technical Director/Production Manager