3 Academic credits + Stipend TBA
An intern in this position will work with the two Musical Directors on all the functions related to the music for both shows. The responsibilities include:
• Playing for rehearsals, coaching singers, small ensemble rehearsals
• Dealing with all paperwork for orchestra members
• Marking and distributing orchestra parts
• Collecting and erasing orchestra and choral parts
• Helping to set up the orchestra for rehearsals and performances
• Keeping schedules for rehearsals for both shows
• Taking notes for the Musical Directors
• Attending meetings as scheduled
Other duties may include:
• Playing in the orchestra for either or both shows
• Serving as accompanist for student cabaret numbers.
The intern will be expected to keep a journal and write an evaluation at the end of the summer. All interns are expected to participate in other responsibilities to the Summer Dinner Theatre program as a whole.
A candidate for this internship should have skills as a pianist/ accompanist and experience teaching parts to singers and should have an interest in all the aspects of music in musical theatre. All interns are required to have a minimum of one year of college or equivalent experience.
Start Date: Prior to or on the first day of Summer Dinner Theatre Auditions
End Date: Thursday, August 6th following final strike of Summer Dinner Theatre
Hours: Monday - Friday, 3 - 11 p.m., plus weekends and other times as needed
Final Week Schedule: Monday - Thursday, Noon - 6 p.m.
Supervisors: Musical Directors
Secondary Supervisors: Artistic Director and Technical Director/Production Manager